1.
Physically
powerful
a.
Having
the physical strength needed to exert considerable force, e.g. in lifting,
pulling, or pushing something
2.
Using
force
a.
Using
great physical force
3.
Robust
and sturdy
a.
Sturdy,
well made, and not easily damaged or broken
4.
Emotionally
resilient
a.
Having
the necessary emotional qualities to deal with stress, grief, loss, risk, and
other difficulties
5.
Healthy
and well
a.
Being
in good health especially after an illness
i.
Feeling
stronger every day
6.
Thriving
a.
Thriving,
developing well, and likely to continue so
i.
A
strong economy
7.
Likely
to succeed
a.
Very
likely to succeed, win, or come to be something
i.
A
strong candidate for the job
So many
people have told me in the last couple of weeks “how strong I am”. It’s ironic
because I feel a lot of things right now, but strong is not one of them. In my
mind a “strong” person is someone who gets back up every time life knocks them
down, dusts themselves off, and keeps on trucking. I am not that person. Life
has knocked me down, but I have not gotten back up. I am still lying flat on my
back with my head spinning, trying to figure out what in the world just
happened to my life and my dreams. I am not strong, I am the opposite. I am
weak and defeated. I don’t want to get out of bed in the morning, I don’t want
to shower, I don’t want to do my make-up or my hair, I don’t want to drive to
work, I don’t want to GO to work,
the only thing I WANT is my baby
back. I don’t WANT to do all of these
things; I do them because I HAVE to.
I am not strong; I am just trying to survive.
<3 Miranda!
ReplyDeleteMiranda look at what you wrote. a "strong" person is someone who gets back up every time life knocks them down, keeps on trucking.
ReplyDeleteYou will get there. One day it will be easier to get up in the morning. You will shower. You will put your hair in a ponytail. Brush your teeth. Put on some lip gloss.
You will do this without even realizing you are doing it.
One day, one step at a time. Until, one day you realize you've done all the steps & it's OK. You will THEN look back & say "wow, I am strong."
God has a plan, trust in him. He is carrying you while you are "weak". When you are strong you will be so blessed to have him by your side on your next journey in life. Remember, good or bad, everything happens for a reason & makes us who we are.
HUGS....
Yes- you are in survival mode. That in itself, is strong. We dont see it within our selfs, but others do. it takes all our energy just to survive. just by opening up your eyes in the morning, you are making a choice to survive...and that my friend is strength.
ReplyDeleteYou strengthen others. Your words, your thoughts, your struggles, all help others through similar processes. There are so many families that have been through the loss of a baby in utero, and yours is empowering others to keep on truckin. So you grieve any way you need/want to. When you grieve, you accept the things you cannot change and through grieving comes strength. Your husband is right there beside you. The two of you together will get through this. Thank you for your inspiration. You are so loved.
ReplyDelete