A year ago if someone would have told me I would be a mom by the next Mother's day, I wouldn't have believed them. A year ago daddy and I were still struggling through our journey to conceive and it seemed like there was no end in sight. Eight months ago if someone would have told me I would be a mom by the next Mother's day, but I wouldn't be able to celebrate with my baby in my arms I wouldn't have believed them. Eight months ago I had just finished up my first trimester of my first pregnancy with you and I was so happy to finally be pregnant. Six months ago if someone would have told me I would be pregnant with my little rainbow baby by the next Mother's day I wouldn't have believed them. But here a sit, feeling my little rainbow kick and move around, and thinking about what a whirlwind this past year has been.
I wish you were here to celebrate my first Mother's day with me, after all you are the one who made me a mom. But I know you are looking over me and spending the day with your grandma Lori, your great grandma Lucille and Helen, and all of the other wonderful women who are spending this Mother's day up in Heaven.
Thank you for making me a mom, baby. Thank you for teaching me more about life and showing me more love in the short 16 weeks we had together then I've experienced in a life time. Thank you for teaching me that life isn't always fair, but it is beautiful, even through the storm. And thank you for continuing to look over me, your daddy, and your little SISTER! :) We love you and miss you so much!
Love,
Your Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment