So I hate that I have to write this post, but with as supportive as everyone has been over the past 8 months I want to keep everyone updated, because we could sure use some support and prayers right now.
Yesterday I went to what was supposed to be a regular baby appointment. During my ultrasound they discovered my cervix was extremely shortened. At 23 weeks my cervix should be be 3-4 cm, and mine is only measuring 5 mm, so extremely short. Once they discovered this they sent me straight to the University of Iowa hospital to see a high risk doctor. After doing an exam the doctors were concerned about the length of my cervix, but it was still closed so that was a good sign. They gave me a shot of steroids to help baby girl's lungs develop in case she does make an early arrival, but we're hoping that doesn't happen.
At around 7 this morning I started feeling some cramping and after another exam they determined my cervix was now 1 centimeter dilated. They started me on magnesium to help baby's brain develop more and to try and stop my cervix from continuing to dilate.
Right now it's just a waiting game. Baby's heartbeat is still strong and she is still active which is good, but we need my cervix to not dilate anymore so she can stay in a little longer. Our first goal is 24 weeks, which is next week, where her survival rate will be 80%. If we can make it to that point great, if we can make it even further past that point, even better.
Right now we're just waiting....and that's scary, but we're trying to stay positive. Please pray for us and our little baby girl. We will keep you updated as we learn more....
Miranda & Randy
Praying for you both and your baby girl! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks hun! Love you too!!
DeleteI just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you. I randomly found your blog (I think from the faces of loss website but I don't remember for sure) after my husband and I lost our baby at 21 weeks on 12.26.12. Praying that your baby girl stays put- far longer than even the dr's could imagine. Praying for her lungs to develop and praying for strength and peace for you and your husband.
ReplyDeleteEsther
Thank you so so much for the prayers!
DeletePrayers are coming your way. <3
ReplyDeleteThank you!!
DeleteSending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Wishing and hoping for the best for your growing family.
ReplyDelete