It seems surreal that two years ago today our storm started...a storm that seemed to last forever. I've said it before, but time is such a funny thing. On one hand it feels like that awful day was just yesterday, I remember every single detail. On the other hand, it feels like that day was a lifetime ago. Some distant dream.
After two years I finally feel like we survived the storm. I am in no way "over it", but I have accepted it. I've accepted that Randy and I were not meant to hold our first precious baby in our arms. I've accepted that God had a plan for us, and while it did not make sense at the time, I am slowly beginning to understand it. I've accepted that missing and remembering our first baby is something I will do every single day for the rest of my life, but that doesn't mean I have to be sad forever. I've accepted that there is nothing I can do to change what happened that dreadful day. I've accepted that we survived the storm, and that it is okay to continue on living.
Our life is so different from that day two years ago, I am so different from the person I was two years ago. Our life now is so good, so very blessed. And I know I owe all of that to our beautiful angel baby up above, who looks out for us every single day. I know he played a part in giving us our beautiful rainbow baby, Harper Ann, who brings us so much joy every single day. She lights up our life. And I know he continues to look over us as our family grows even more.
Life isn't always beautiful, but it sure is a beautiful ride.
We love and miss you baby Sellers. Xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment