Paradise will be when I get to finally hold my precious baby in my arms....

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Project Thankful-Days 6-8

I know...I know I am behind on my days. Last week I felt okay for the first time in weeks. I felt like I was starting to move forward, like maybe things were going to be alright after all. And then this week happened and I feel like a dark cloud of gloom is following me around every where ago. I feel like everything that can go wrong is going wrong. I feel like I took one step forward last week and this week I just took five steps back. So as I am sitting here tonight feeling sorry for myself my hope is if I can find some things to be thankful for, maybe I can take another step forward.

Day 6: I have been blessed with many amazing women in my life. I come from a large family and have many aunts who are all special in their own way. And while I am extremely thankful for all of my aunts and all the things they have done for me, this week I am extremely thankful for my Aunt Sherri Hopper. The love and support she has shown me these past few weeks has been amazing, and I can never thank her enough. Randy and I were so blessed to have an amazing support group to lean on after the loss of Baby Sellers. But as time goes on and we try to get back into a normal routine I feel like the support group we had at first has gotten smaller. I get this. Our house isn't a house of happiness, it's a house of loss and grieving  and that makes people uncomfortable. That is why I am so thankful for my Aunt Sherri. She continues to check up on me weekly. Whether it's a text, phone call, or Facebook message. She let's me know she is thinking of me and is there for anything I need. And that is exactly what I need right now. I need to know that I have people who will let me grieve without judgement, who will just listen, who love me no matter what. So thank you so much Aunt Sherri, I love you.


Day 7: I am thankful for the greatest roommate and friend I could ever have, Kayla. Not everyone has a friend who will jump in their car after working all day and drive four hours just to surprise me with pickle wraps and a hug. And then take care of me when a horrible flu bug hits me and I can't stop throwing up. You are seriously the greatest person ever! Thank you so much for being my friend and for loving me even when I am a complete mess.


Day 8: I am thankful for my job, including my students, co-workers and boss. They have been so gracious the past few weeks. My students remind me it's okay to smile and laugh every now and then. When things get to hard and I need a minute to compose myself, my co-workers take over for me without asking a single question. When I need a day to lay on the couch, eat ice cream, and feel sorry for myself instead of coming into work, my boss says take all the time I need. I know not everyone is lucky enough to have a job like that, so I am very thankful to work for a wonderful school district.

No comments:

Post a Comment